Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Introduction

Cooking and eating at home with friends and family is a great way to bring a bit more soul to your house. On my blog I will share tips on food shopping; creating quick everyday meals; entertaining small or large groups of friends and family; and old standbys i.e. cookbooks, recipes, staple ingredients, etc.


Eating in a healthy, delicious way seems to be a trial for many of my friends and colleagues. For years now my coworkers and friends have expressed surprise that I always have leftovers for lunch and how easily I throw together a dinner party. I feel lucky that I was raised in a family that cooked everyday and loved throwing parties with lots of food because this seems to be normal for me.

I have several friends ask me to provide them with hints on grocery shopping and throwing together a quick meal. I don't typically use recipes unless it is a type of food I have never done before but I think cooking is more of an experience than a regimented series of steps. With everything, you should practice the steps at first but with experience you will know when you can take shortcuts or modify ingredients.

I hope that my experiences can help you in your kitchen. Cooking from home can be a healthy, economical choice but it will also add a bit of soul to your home.

No comments:

Welcome

Thanks so much for visiting our site. Please feel free to leave comments telling me what you like about the site or postings as well as any feedback that might make viewing easier for you.